Assistant Manager – Inventory Management (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT)
The Assistant Manager – Inventory Management is responsible for managing and coordinating a perpetual
inventory record of materials, supplies and other general stock items. He/she oversees the delivery of materials,
their storage, the stock levels and their replenishments across HCT in coordination with campuses.
- Support with the development of Inventory Management policies, procedures and processes in coordination with the Facilities Management Director.
- Coordinate, authorize and oversee the efficient and timely delivery of all ordered goods so as to minimize delivery cost and maximize shipping efficiency.
- Oversee the shipping and receiving activities, and keep records to track of all items received and shipped.
- Coordinate with and provide support to inventory teams across campuses as and when needed.
- Monitor and control inventory levels in order to balance HCT demand and cost of carrying inventory.
- Maintain and update warehouse and inventory records and consolidate them with campuses.
- Oversee the proper organization of warehouses according to guidelines (storage conditions, storage location, consignment for easy access and identification, etc.) and coordinate with Maintenance and Engineering function to ensure they are well maintained.
- Supervise the inspection of warehouses and inventory to ensure correct specifications and no defects in inventory.
- Coordinate with Procurement if and when received inventory has any damage or fault in specifications, to ensure correct inventory is received as quickly as possible.
- Investigate the reason behind inventory discrepancies and suggest an action plan for appropriate corrective actions.
- Coordinate closely with campuses and other functions and regularly manage the conduct of stock counts to ensure that all inventory needs are met.
- Supervise the daily activities of subordinates to ensure that proper inventory levels are maintained, pricing data are accurately maintained, and transportation arrangements are confirmed.
- Liaise with vendors for all inquiries concerning merchandise ordered.
- Monitor the proper labelling/barcoding (e.g. tags, stamps, electric marking tools, labels, etc.) of items in inventory to ensure efficient and effective identification and storage of inventory.
- Oversee the proper disposal of scrap.