AVP, ESG RisksFull time FAB Bank
FAB wants to focus more on ESG going forward, Parallel to implementing a new strategy we needs a risk framework that mirrors this. The role holder will be a vital part in the process and be responsible for contributing to the ESG risk agenda, implementing and maintaining a portfolio ESG risk framework within the ERM framework.
- Contribute to taking ESG risk management to the highest level in the MENA region
- Support the creation of ESG risk culture at FAB through the set up and deployment of internal trainings, reviewing all processes and ensuring ESG is accounted for in all areas deemed necessary and exploring further areas of opportunities in this space.
- Showcase strong ESG expertise, provide continuous guidance and timely counsel to FAB business units on concerns relating to customers, products and transactions.
- Develop, strengthen and manage relationships with FAB business units to promote best practice and awareness.
- Seamless collaboration with Group to implement framework whilst following all relevant policies, processes and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in building up new team.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Operationalize a risk framework into the Groups business activities, including but not exhaustive.
- Identify, monitor and review ESG risks across all FAB channels (customers, products, transactions etc.)
- Continuous improvement of assessment methodology to minimize the risk of losses. Utilize established models and help develop new models to support the assessment methodology, capture the Risks and manage them in compliance with guidance and regulations as well as expectations from other market participants.
- Deep dive ESG due diligence provided to Group utilizing a Risk based approach
- Report ESG risk metrics to all relevant stakeholders (EXCO, Group Strategy, Investor Relations, Group Marketing, Corporate Governance).This data will eventually feed into the BSC and also help us define our risk appetite.
- Report ESG Intelligence to Senior Management and relevant stakeholders in FAB business units. This includes but is not limited to risk trends on sectors, FAB markets and countries, ESG mapping against FAB customers and a spotlight on issues, incidents and recurring concerns.
- Contribution to ESG external disclosure on risks to investors and external stakeholders.
- TCFD (Taskforce on Climate Financial Disclosures) scenario analytics and includes but is not limited to stress testing, alignment on ESG updates and their impact, information to be disclosed etc.
- Pillar 2 capital assessment contribution from ESG.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree but ideally a Master in Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant finance degree or diploma.
- Developed technical, analytical, collaboration, stakeholder management, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing ESG risks and trends, and how they relate to other factors.
- Should possess a good understanding of risk management practices.
- Knowledgeable of how frameworks can be implemented within organizations.
- Understanding of society, government policies, laws, regulations and best practices in particular on ESG matters.
- Optimal at least 4-5 years’ experience working with ESG risks and risk management or analytics in a financial organization, large company, university or government body such as central bank, regulator etc.