AVP – Operational Risk & ControlFull time FAB Bank
Provide an independent, objective assurance, advisory and consulting services designed to assist Group Operations in achieving its objectives by providing a positive impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank’s operations in UAE and centralized Operations.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate statements and reports to meet department requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Effectively and independently carry out the Risk Assessment to monitor and control the residual risks identified by following the Operational Risk Management (ORM) policies and framework at Group Operations
- Manage all the incidents right from Control Failure till mitigation including determination of owner of the incident in order to log the incidents
- Implementing robust tools / processes to identify / mitigate / assist Group Operation on operational risks, by way of OC reviews & tracking open issues for closure
- Carry out independent Output Control and independent Operational reviews, to support Group Operations to identify / mitigate / assist Group Operations on Operational Risks
AML and Regulatory Compliance
- Assist in ensuring Anti money laundering, Central Bank Guidelines and other internal policies / procedures are strictly followed and any deviations are reported to levels prescribed.
Initiatives and Tools
- Provide efficient support in demonstrating proactive pursuit of Group Operation initiatives and any external initiatives assigned to ORC / Group Operation and develop exception reports to suit the OC and operational reviews
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Demonstrate compliance to organisation’s values and ethics at all times to support the establishment of a value drive culture within the bank.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related discipline.
- 6-10 years’ relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 3 years in Risk Management or Internal Audit.