Director – Intelligent Learning Systems (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT)
The Director is responsible for strategic planning and coordination of the development and delivery of technology enabling online, hybrid, blended and face-to face learning environments. He/she is responsible for the awareness and capacity development across all HCT campuses for faculty in using and utilizing the technology. He/she is responsible for the support of e-content development and digital library as well as for learning management technologies that support both student and faculty.
- Identify emerging trends and conduct needs analysis that offer opportunities for academic programs and services.
- Develop and oversee faculty development related to instructional and teaching with technology learning as well as faculty internationally licensed to carry digital instruction.
- Design, develop and deliver training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with Information Technology Services regarding instructional delivery systems, course development software, support services for faculty and students, and provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Work with academic programs and faculty for the e-content development and needed support in classes delivery with hands-on tools.
- Oversee the library collection and its digital content.
- Oversee the integration of the library with the innovation spaces.
- Work with the learning management systems team to identify new trends and services needed to enhance service delivery both for faculty and student.
- Direct and coordinate the set-up, implementation, reporting of lecture broadcasting, recording systems and report enhancements needed for student services.
- Provide professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates based on HCT’s Performance Management System.
- Develop workforce plans and work with the Human Resources function on succession planning for key positions.
- Work with the Human Resources function to provide employees within the Intelligent learning systems department with the required competencies through appropriate and blended learning.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources function for the recruitment of talent within Intelligent learning systems.
- Contribute to the formulation of HCT’s system-wide strategy.
- Contribute to the development of the Education Technologies’ strategy in alignment with HCT’s system-wide strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for faculty professional development needs.
- Develop a plan for a-content and digital library development.
- Ensure the state of the art learning management systems throughout HGT system.