Finance Graduate (UAE Nationals Only)Graduate Program Atkins
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
We operate at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors and are one of the world’s leading Engineering consultants. Using a flexible and multi-disciplinary approach, we provide an independent service in key areas: consulting and project management.
We are currently looking for Finance Graduates as part of the succession planning within the function. This is an excellent role that will give the right candidate exposure to all areas of a finance function ensuring they gain rounded experience early on in their career.
About Atkins & the Graduate Development Programme
Atkins is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people – and professional qualifications are at the heart of this reputation. Join our Graduate Development Programme and we’ll offer you all the support, training and practical experience you need to achieve your chosen qualification and develop a career that will make the most of your potential. The programme offers an all-encompassing approach to developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours you need to enjoy a rewarding career at Atkins. But, rather than us simply dictating how you develop, we’ll put you in the driving seat. We offer a flexible and adaptable approach that allows you to guide your own development and determine your route through the programme, ultimately leading to professional status with your institution.
It’s very much a two-way commitment: if you work hard to achieve your development goals, we’ll work hard to provide you with all the support and guidance you need. This includes producing a development plan to track your progress to achieving your qualification, with regular reviews carried out along the way. It’s your career so it’s up to you to determine the specific route you’ll take through the various elements of the programme. But you are not alone – there are people to assist and support you, such as your line manager and your mentor.
A large part of your personal development will be achieved by working on real-world projects and reflecting on those experiences, supplemented by a range of courses, seminars and specific graduate events. These provide a great opportunity to network across Atkins; develop your business and interpersonal skills, as well as helping to identify your strengths and areas for development
- Assist the regional finance team with month end accounting entries;
- Assist in production of daily, weekly and monthly MIS reports;
- Assist with the development of new financial models and maintenance of existing financial models;
- Support the production of periodic financial reporting;
- Manage the finance timetable of periodic deliverables and local finance team compliance to deadlines;
- Support on production of annual statutory accounts for multiple entities;
- Support to regional finance projects as required;
- Support to other ME finance teams as required.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (maths, finance, science, engineering, computing), with a classification of 2:1 or above (i.e. 60% or above);
- A-Level, or equivalent, mathematics at grade B or above
- No more than 2 years relevant work experience
- Candidate must have desire to study towards CIMA/ACCA qualification;
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion or other finance specific IT systems and databases desirable;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel desirable.
- Ability to relate and interact successfully with a multi-cultural workforce at all levels;
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and an understanding of the aesthetic importance of professional reports;
- Must be able to work proactively and with an independent problem solving approach;
- Logical problem solver. Demonstrate ability to analyse complex problems, simplify, and solve through the path of least resistance;
- Ability to think outside the box, suggest various approaches, and gain in depth understanding of the work they are undertaking;
- Candidate will show ability for “linked thinking” – A view of how various parts of an issue fit into the bigger picture and the effect these parts have on the whole;
- Organised and confident personality;
- Must have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive tax free salary
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin (expatriates only)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Gratuity Scheme (or pension scheme for GCC Nationals)
- Medical & Life Insurance cover
- 22 days’ holiday (based on Sunday-Thursday, 8am-6pm)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bi-annual reviews
- Structured development to meet professional status with CIMA or ACCA
- Professional support through allocated mentor & line manager; quarterly & annual reviews; graduate induction & development event; technical & non-technical training; induction to our Bangalore Global Design Centre; Knowledge Sharing sessions; and Graduate Representatives & Discussion Groups.