Head of Audit – Market & Ops Risk (UAE Nationals Only)Full time FAB Bank
A subject matter expert responsible for planning and executing audits covering the activities and processes of Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Legal activities across the FAB Group. Thorough understanding of business/ relationship aspects, product dynamics, Market and Operational risk management and ICAAP processes and the regulatory environment, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Management in Risk Management Department influencing change through providing advice. As part of the GIA Extended Management Team (EMT), provide input to GIA on issues that have an impact on the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required by Head of Audit ERM/GCAO.
- Safeguarding against potential loss and contributing to the Units/Departments systems and procedures, by reporting whether Operational controls of FAB standards are effectively carried out and are efficient in the units/departments audited
- Reviewing the ERM function of the bank end to end and identifying areas of correction/improvement
- Review ICAAP submissions of the Group (including international locations) to respective regulatory authorities and provide assurance over Group’s compliance both with respective regulations and Group/local policy requirements.
- Examine and comment on the process for the early recognition of problems (if any) and their remedial management to minimise the loss.
- Preparation / Review of Audit MIS/ dash Boards including audit committee presentation slides relating to an audit conducted in the ERM space.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the key product, processes and regulatory developments, drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs;
- Contributing to the enhancement of the relationship between GIA and stakeholders
- Keeping abreast of the local and international economic trends, banking practices and regulatory prescriptions
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Functions within the framework and boundaries of Group Internal Audit policies as well as overall organisational and governance frameworks.
- Authorised to take decisions as per the approved authorisation matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- FRM, CFA, CIA and similar Certifications
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with an International Bank or Big 4. Internal Audit experience preferred (but not mandatory). At least 5 years in similar responsibilities in risk management or Audit function.
- Expert knowledge of market and operational risk management activities and ICAAP processes and associated risks.
- Strong leadership capability and team-oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.