Officer – Contracts (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT)
To fully participate and support with the drafting and monitoring of all contracts related to works, services and materials procured by HCT to ensure positive outcomes in cost, time and quality.
- Familiarize with the resilient practices and approaches to adapt and adjust to the changing environment to protect and restore the organization’s resources and business continuation in times of any major change/ crisis.
- Understand to identify the completeness of information/structure of a contract and be able to follow up on missing information for inclusion.
- Contribute to the preparation of the main types of contracts and agreements.
- Identify and explain to stakeholders the documentation that comprises a typical contract.
- Identify and explain to colleagues and other internal stakeholders the key stages involved in forming contracts for goods and services.
- Deal effectively with any queries raised by internal stakeholders or from suppliers on the completion of contractual documentation.
- Recognize the importance of cash flows and stage payments made in contracts with suppliers.
- Publicize and promote the use of contract registers with internal stakeholders.
- Support with the evaluation of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Identify and log risks according to the relevant Cabinet Resolutions, HCT’s policies, procedures and processes.
- Follow-up and support with the preparation of responses to tenderers contractual queries.
- Participate fully in the preparation of technical and commercial contract conditions.
- Maintain and update the contracts register and overseeing the safekeeping of original copies of all contracts engaged by HCT.
- Support with the preparation of the terms and conditions and scope of work and monitor their compliance with the relevant Cabinet Resolutions, HCT’s policies, procedures and processes prior to attaining the authorized signatures on the contract.
- Engage with the preparation of commercial letters to be sent to vendors as and when necessary.
- Actively seek feedback to improve own quality of work.
- Any other tasks as assigned by direct Supervisor to meet business needs.