Senior Manager – Information Security Risk (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Black Pearl Consult
Our client who is a large banking institution based in Abu Dhabi is currently looking for a Senior Manager – Information Security Risk. In this role, the job holder will focus on information security and information technology risk management. Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement IT Risk and Security strategies, plans and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations.
- Examines the overall technology infrastructure at the licensed financial institutions including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology department/functions.
- Support and contribute to the company’s information security team on IT-related tasks or examinations through the knowledge of technologies and solutions in the industry.
- Assesses the integrated security controls, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems of license financial institutions.
- Assesses the license financial institutions IT infrastructure operational reports to identify discrepancies, risks and improvement areas.
- Documents the observations to bring out IT infrastructure, network, security and technology risks.
- Advises on the mitigating strategies and controls.
- Effectively communicates timelines, the scope of examination, and resource requirements with the licensed financial institution’s technology departments / focal point of contact.
- Performs examinations to gauge compliance of licensed financial institutions’ IT infrastructure with the company’s Standard’s technical controls in line with UAE Information Assurance and International standards.
- Develops annual examination plans in line with other department teams, and keeps the examination plan up to date.
- Understand the hierarchy of risk, information security and IT department and must be able to identify gaps related to segregation of duties.
Validates data provided by the licensed financial institutions for accuracy.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following requirements:
- The ideal candidate will come from a leading bank or a financial service regulator
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role in UAE
- Must have Information/data security certifications, such as CISSP and CISM, or CISA
- Experience in ISO 27001 and NESA standard implementation and certification Projects
- Preference is either UAE nationals or native Arabic speaker
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in IT, or an Engineering degree with certification in Banking/Finance/Risk/Information security
- Soft skills like time management, multi-tasking and flexibility are essential to succeed in this role