Senior Officer – Payroll (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT)
The Senior Officer – Payroll is responsible for preparing employee payroll, managing accruals, deductions, expenses and monthly payment of salaries. He/she also supports in updating and recording payroll procedures and completing additional accounting tasks assigned by HCT management.
- Assist Senior Manager – Employee Services in the development of accurate and efficient payroll systems and procedures.
- Administer the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll to ensure timely payment of salaries and other benefits to all employees in HCT.
- Handle the maintenance of all payroll general ledger accounts and personnel budgetary balances for all HCT payroll accounts.
- Compile payroll data, ensure that it is up to date and monitor that payroll is being processed in a timely manner.
- Calculate wages and deductions in compliance with HCT guidelines and procedures while verifying attendance, hours worked, pay adjustments, vacation and sick days, and initiate salary transfer process to banks as well as the issuance of paychecks to HCT employees on a monthly basis.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Maintain compensation databases and ensure employment records are properly maintained in the system.
- Process payroll standing data i.e. processing of payroll including the payroll of new hires, changes in salary following promotions and changes in banks accounts.
- Process of transactional data i.e. processing of employee’s bonuses and non-recurring allowances and benefits such as joining advance and annual ticket allowance.
- Compile and draft periodic and ad-hoc reports on payroll matters, and provide documentation to internal and external auditors on payroll activities, ensuring maintenance of clear audit trails of procedures followed.
- Review monthly payroll processes and payroll audits for accuracy and oversee the necessary adjustments through the established procedures.
- Coordinate with Finance and other related departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Contribute (as required) to identify areas of improvement in terms of payroll processes, use of technology etc. and support in the implementation of changes.