Specialist – Health and Safety (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT)
The Specialist – Health and Safety are responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate application of HCT Health and Safety approaches, policies, procedures and processes on campus. He/she inspects the campus to monitor the health and safety of students, staff and visitors. He/she is also responsible for assisting campus personnel and students in understanding occupational health and safety hazards.
- Oversee the implementation of Health and Safety internal policies, procedures and processes on campus, in coordination with Central Services.
- Provide support to the Project Management teams to manage the day-to-day safety requirements of Facilities Management projects on campus, in coordination with the central Health and Safety.
- Perform regular safety and security inspections of campus facilities, systems and equipment, including first-aid rooms, construction areas, electrical systems and fire extinguishers to ensure compliance with international standards, governmental regulations and internal Health and Safety policies, procedures and processes.
- Prepare and maintain inspection logs, suggest improvements when and where required and liaise with Central Services to report on all findings and recommendations.
- Manage and coordinate the investigation of campus Health and Safety incidents to determine their root cause and provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrence in coordination with Central Services.
- Develop and maintain incident records and coordinate with Central Services to provide them with the information required for them to consolidate and maintain a central master incident database.
- Implement fire evacuation procedures (including exit doors, fire hose location, escape routes and assembly point) and first aid procedures for the campus, and oversee periodical emergency evacuation drills on campus.
- Develop awareness sessions including occupational safety workshops and training sessions as part of the central Health and Safety awareness plan, to ensure compliance with safety guidelines and procedures within the campus.